International applicants who have completed or will complete a Bachelor degree or a Master degree from regular colleges prior to admission and have a record that indicates good potential for advanced study and research in one of the disciplines at Yeungnam University are encouraged to apply for admission to graduate study.
- Take the "Gyeongsan/Dong-Taegu" Limousine Bus to Gyeongsan Intercity Bus Terminal(경산시외버스) in the bus stop 1st floor 10C. The fare is about 35,000W. The last bus is 7.40pm. At here, take the taxi to YU. The fare is about 2,500W. - If you come at night, you need to go to Kangnam Terminal Bus Express by taking the bus Garack Dong (6009) in the 1st Floor 5A,11B bus stop,or Teheran-ro (6020) at th 1st Floor 4A,10B bus top .Then take the Limousine bus to Dong Teagu station. The last bus in Kangnam is 1.30am. At Dong Teagu station, take the subway to Banyawol station , then take bus No 719 to YU; or you can go to Sawol station , then take the bus No 449 or 649 to YU. The best way is to take the taxi to YU. The fare is about 20,000W.
Take bus Namsan at 1st Floor 4B,11A bus stop, or MyeongDong at 1st Floor 5B,12A bus stop, or Seoul Stn at 1st Floor 6A,12B bus stop, or Yongsan Stn/Seoul Stn at 1st Floor 4A,10B bus stop to go to Seoul Station. You also can use subway to go to Seoul Station. At Seoul station, take the train to Geyongsan station (경산). The last train is 11 pm. The fare is about 22.000W. In the Geyongsan station, just take the taxi to YU.
Take the domestic airline from Incheon to Deagu International Airport. Here, you can take bus No 719 or 980 to YU. You also can use subway to: Banyawol(발야월) station and then use bus No 719 to YU; or Sawon(사월) station and then use bus No 449, 649 to YU. The most convenient way is to use taxi to YU.
- Take the bus No 307 to the Gupo (구포역) station.
- Here, you can catch the train to Geongsan station(경산역). Then, take the taxi to YU.
- Take the bus to the daegu from the bus stop no.1.
- Then, take the taxi to YU.
The detailed schedule of train in Korea, you can see on: http://www.letskorail.com/
Note that, the train in Korea has two main kind: Mugunghwa and KTX. The fee for KTX is almost twice of Mugunghwa. However, the travling time is only half.
|Spring Blossoms||Summer Time|
|Autumn Leaves||Winter Trees|
The University opened dormitory (facilities) in May 1973, for those who need on campus housing. These facilities are opened for undergraduates (mainly) and graduate students. At present six residence halls, including one self-boarding apartment type hall, accommodate 1,200 students. A modern style dining hall in which more than 500 people can eat at a time , a video room with a big screen TV and a video player, study rooms, computer labs, resting rooms, ping-pong tables, snack stores and exercise rooms are useful facilities among others provided for dormitory residents.
The University Library was originally established on the Daegu campus in 1967 by merging the two college libraries of Daegu and Chunggu, which were founded in 1947 and 1950, respectively. The present University Library moved to the Gyeongsan main campus in 1974. Now, it comprises a main library and two branches. During the year of 2003 to 2005, the main library building was renovated and expanded. As a result, the 21-story main library has five reading rooms by subjective areas, a computer and multimedia lab, two general reading rooms, 4 group study rooms, and 24 carrels. The science library branch has a reading room for pure science and technology, a periodicals room, a computer and multimedia lab, and four general reading rooms. The number of the seats of the science library is 2,077. The Daegu campus has a medical library branch which has 224 seats. As of February 2007, the University Library holds more than 1,478,491 books including bound ones, and carries 2,830 titles of domestic and foreign periodicals along with 24,048 titles of E-Journals. It also stores personal collections donated by 28 private collectors. The books are classified according to the 3rd edition of the Korean Decimal Classification system.
You can register for the Alien Card through the Deagu Immigration Office or International Program Office in Yeungnam University with the following documents:
- Application form
- 2 photos ( color,3x4 cm)
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Fee: 10.000W
You can take a bus 719 at the bus station and then take off at the Dongchon(동촌) station to come to the Deagu Immigration Office. The more information can be found in website www.immigration.go.kr It'll take 2weeks after applying for Registration to get Alien card.
An application for extension of a D-2 visa should be made in advance of the visa expiring date.
You can extend Visa through the Deagu Immigration Office or International Program Office in Yeungnam University with the following documents:
- Application form
- Alien card
- Student certificate
- Tuition payment receipt
- Certificate of scholarship( money which you are supported each month)
All most functions can be in your Student Card including: Bank card ( to deposit and withdraw)
, Internet Banking, Student Card, Library Card, Bus Card, Security Card.
-Go to Daegu Bank with Alien card and fill-up the forms to open the bank account.
- Go to Center or Science library to active the library service.
- Go to main academic building at KT Telecom security office to activate the security clearance for "Display and Chemical Engineering" building. With the Security Card, you can go into our department at night (after 11.30pm).
- Fill the forms( example for Ms) and send to Graduate office
- Pay about 70,000W for Ms and 260,000W for PhD through given bank account.
Note- More details can be seen in the graduate website at www.yu.ac.kr
- Yeungnam University: www.yu.ac.kr
- Korean Language institude in YU: kli.yu.ac.kr
- Library in YU: slima.yu.ac.kr
- Buy books online in Korea: www.yes24.co.kr or www.kyobobook.co.kr
- Buy goods online in Korea: www.gmarket.co.kr
- Train website: www.korail.com
- Daegu city website: www.daegu.go.kr
- Travel information in Korea: www.visitkorea.or.kr
- Subway in Seoul: www.smrt.co.kr
- Airplane ticket: www.onlinetour.co.kr
- Cheap hostel for travel: www.hostelbookers.com
- Cheap hotel for travel: www.booking.com